- The strongest franchise systems have the enthusiastic endorsement of their franchisees.
- Open, honest feedback from existing franchisees helps to identify which programs are working, and which are not. This information can add to higher sales (royalties) and profits.
- Enthusiastic, energized franchisees are the cornerstone of brand growth, and critical in the attraction of high-quality candidates.
- Without the assurance of confidentiality, franchisees often withhold critical information.
- High-quality franchisee opinion research can provide necessary information for strategic planning and benchmarking efforts.
- Understanding franchisees’ needs leads to ongoing system-wide improvement, and the ability to effectively set and manage the expectations of candidates and existing franchisees.
- It can be tempting to make assumptions about the franchisee experience; a confidential forum for feedback can uncover surprising concerns.
Why The Franchise Research Institute?
- All research is built upon a solid foundation of intimate franchise understanding (Jeff Johnson’s nearly 30 years in franchising) and research expertise (study design by Dr. Dwayne Ball, professor of research methodology).
- Accurate, scientific research methods are consistently used.
- All surveys are independent and unbiased.
- Survey questions are easily understood and unambiguous.
- 100% of franchisees are contacted (including “sold, but not opened” licensees).
- Completely confidential responses are guaranteed (thereby eliminating “false positive” responses intended to garner favor or avoid retaliation).
- Research reports provide clear, meaningful information.
- Unmatched research quality is provided at a highly competitive fee.
“Our organization used the Franchise Research Institute for high-quality franchisee opinion research for all five of our domestic brands, plus our international franchisees. I am impressed with the quality of the questions and their methodology. I am glad that we chose to use Jeff and his team.”
Russ Umphenour, FOCUS Brands President (Auntie Anne’s, Carvel, Cinnabon, Moe’s Southwestern Grill, Schlotzsky’s)
“The Franchise Research Institute has helped us better understand the needs of both our domestic and international franchisees annually since 2008. High-quality franchisee opinion research is a critical part of our strategic planning and benchmarking efforts. Their attention to detail and scientific methodology are unmatched in the industry.”
Harold M. (“Sonny”) Cohen, General Counsel, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
“Since 2009, Comfort Keepers has looked to the Franchise Research Institute to provide us with confidential, independent franchisee opinion research. Their findings have consistently led to our certification as a World-Class Franchise. We are proud to be among the ‘best of the best’ franchise opportunities!”
Jim C. Brown, CFE, Vice President Franchise Development, Comfort Keepers
“At Express Employment Professionals, meeting the needs of our franchisees is of critical importance. Our certification as a World-Class Franchise since 2006 provides science-based, third-party validation of our commitment to our franchisees’ success.”
Robert A. Funk, CEO, Express Employment Professionals